Covid-19 Testing and Vaccines
The Coronavirus has forced us to adapt to a new lifestyle and rethink new ways to interact. On this page you will receive data and facts about the Coronavirus, upcoming testing at our school sites, and nutrition and food resources for you and your family.
Testing for COVID-19
- Rapid Antigen Weekly Testing is available at each Value School location.
- COVID 19 results are available in 15 minutes.
- Parents may receive results through Primary Health.
- PCR saliva tests are available.
- Testing appointments vary by site.
- Parents must give consent for students to be tested on site.
- Staff has been trained by the California Department of Public Health.
Employee Vaccination Policy
On June 4, 2021, the Value Schools Board of Directors adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy for current employees and prospective employees who have conditional offers of employment from Value Schools. That policy, which has been fully implemented for the 2021-2022 school year, can be found here.
On December 14, 2021, the LAUSD Board of Education voted to impose its later-adopted COVID-19 employee mandate on all LAUSD-authorized charter schools. LAUSD’s December 2021 board report can be found here. A summary of LAUSD's policy can be found at LAUSD’s COVID-19 page.
Student Vaccination Policy
Value Schools continues to encourage families to have their children vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as they are eligible under federal guidelines. We will continue to make vaccination opportunities available as resources permit, and will update parents regularly about those opportunities.
On December 14, 2021, the LAUSD Board of Education voted to require all LAUSD-authorized charter schools to follow the LAUSD policy on student vaccination. That policy currently requires that to be eligible for in-person instruction, students 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the start of the 2022-2023 school year, unless they have an approved medical exemption or qualify for conditional admission. Read the December presentation to the LAUSD Board and the accompanying report.
For more information, visit LAUSD’s COVID-19 page.
2022-2023 Fall COVID 19 Safety Protocols
*If LACDPH Positivity rate is 10% or higher, Value School sites will resume weekly COVID 19 Testing for non- vaccinated students.
**Value School Sites will test all students regardless of vaccination status after every summer, winter, spring break.
Stay Informed about COVID-19
- The New York Times is providing free access to important news and guidance on the Coronavirus outbreak to help readers better understand the pandemic.
- Read the facts about COVID-19 on the CDC's website.
- Watch a video about COVID-19 created by the World Health Organization.
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 metrics specific to the County of Los Angeles, provided by the County of Los Angeles Public Health Department.