Technological Resources and Support
Value Schools provides a wide array of technological support to its students and families. Whether you need help finding a link to connect to your online class or there is an issue with your Value school-provided Chromebook, there is a technological support specialist that may help you troubleshoot and resolve these issues and more at each site. Click on your respective school to fill out a tech ticket to get help!
Access Low Cost Internet
Spectrum and ATT offer low cost internet and eligibility may be determined by participation in National School Lunch Program. If you qualify for free or reduced school lunch, you may request a Value Schools letter certifying that your student participates in the National School Lunch program. Contact Erika Coronel at 213-388-8676, if you have additional questions.
If you would like support with your connectivity issues, please contact Jose Esquivel at 213-388-8676 or email@example.com.
Details about Spectrum Low Cost Internet
Details about ATT Low Cost Internet
- Eligibility determined by lunch program or income
- Free installation and in-home Wi-Fi®
- No annual contract
- No deposit
- Data cap: Service will include 150GB or 1TB of data
A team of dedicated educators across all four Value Schools created and compiled video tutorials on various distance learning tasks. Following are links for tech tutorials created for students and parents.
Student Tech Tutorials
- How to login to Gmail/Google Classroom (6:13)
- Where to find assigned classwork in Google Classrom (8:00)
- How to submit an assignment on Google Classroom (11:33)
- How to switch accounts, if multiple students are using the same computer (not chromebook) (15:42)
- How to switch accounts if multiple students are using the same chromebook (17:11)
- How to find pending assignments or work that needs to be turned in (28:44)