The Value Schools Foundation Board is excited to focus its attention on new and exciting ways to give back to our community. Inspired by the energy of 282 donors during the We Climb campaign, our Foundation Board continues to focus its energy on students across all four campuses. We are expanding experiences for our students, both on and off campus, that provide access to career and educational opportunities which ensure they live and experience the values every day.
Conceived to provide students access to a high-quality education, Value Schools is focused on providing even greater access to expansive educational experiences.
The Value Schools Foundation works with leaders throughout our community to find new and exciting ways for donors and friends to make a lasting difference in the lives of our students – by sharing their professional insight and talent with young people eager to learn.
Our aim is to expand our students’ horizons and imaginations while providing opportunities where they see themselves succeeding in education and in life.
- Career Exploration provides opportunities for interactive, onsite experiences where youth actively engage in and learn from leaders in their field.
- Back East Scholars Trip (BEST) introduces students to colleges and universities on the East Coast and empowers them to imagine attending institutions of higher learning.
- Trips to Washington, D.C., Catalina Island, Griffith Observatory, and The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens enlighten students and families.
- Financial Literacy courses, 529 student education investment accounts and college scholarships make it possible for students and families to plan for and envision their futures from the time they enter kindergarten.
- Art, music and theater programs help students find new ways of understanding and making meaning from their experiences.
- Base Camp provides mentorship opportunities while challenging students to develop their potential.
- Senior Retreat gives students time to reflect on their life experiences, relationships, and goals for the future.
-- Ana, Central City Value High School, Class of 2023